Why use the MSDs Analysis (KIMEA) application?
Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) can affect joints, muscles and tendons. Certain working conditions can favour the appearance of MSDs, and they represent an important financial cost for companies.
In Europe, in 2015, the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work issued a report about Work-Related MSDs. It showed that backache was the leading MSD with around 44% of the cases followed by muscular pain in the shoulders, neck and upper limbs at 42% and finally muscular pains in lower limbs at 29%. This data was recorded for 12 months.
These results were similar in Great Britain in 2021, where the same type of recorded MSDs and percentages were observed among workers.
In both reports, other similarities were found. The likelihood of work-related MSDs increases with age.
Many sectors are concerned: transport and logistics, commerce, food processing, construction and public works, cleaning, metalworking, and personal assistance and care, particularly in residential establishments for dependent elderly people.
To prevent and reduce MSDs, BlueKanGo has partnered with Moovency, a well-known french company in this field, and offers MSDs analysis with the KIMEA Cloud solution, accessible from the BlueKanGo platform. A data pooling that helps you to control MSD risks while implementing prevention actions.
6 good reasons to choose the application:
- implement preventive and corrective actions based on MSDs risk analysis results;
- assess (figures and objectives) the physical MSD risks in your company;
- edit & update the risk assessment in relation to MSDs analyses;
- report incidents (incident log) in relation to KIMEA assessments;
- monitor and alert you to deviations in your indicators;
- share the results of MSDs analyses and preventive actions taken.
- General mapping of MSDs risks;
- MSD risk analysis at the workstation;
- Analysis of load-bearing;
- Calculation of the main MSDs risk indicators (RULA, REBA, NFX35-109, Niosh);
- MSDs risk analysis by joint;
- MSDs risk analysis by technical operation;
- Analysis of inter-individual variability;
- Analysis follow-up table ;
- Analysis results (accessible from BlueKanGo) ;
- Incident register link;
- Automatic pre-filling of fields (data sharing);
- Global action plan;
- Criticality matrix;
- Planning and GANTT;
- Recording by direct input into the application (like a spreadsheet);
- Statistics and reporting;
- Pre-configured and automated dashboards;
- Sending alerts and notifications.
Highlights of the BlueKanGo solution:
- Native integration with your BlueKanGo platform
- Accessible on all browsers
- Real-time alerts and notifications
- Support with personalized follow-up
- Fully customizable
It all starts with a demo
BlueKanGo is a global provider of enterprise Quality, Environment, Heath and Safety software solution. With 3,500+ active clients all over the world, our award-winning solution empowers organizations to digitize their management and processes to deliver better, more sustainable and environmentally friendly products and services while improving the safety and quality of work life for their employees.
Company specialized in the evaluation of postures and ergonomics of workstations. The KIMEA technology enables the quantification of MSDs risk based on automated video analysis. This approach does not require technical skills or sensors.